SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

L'Oréal Baby Roll Mascara



Happy Hump Day everyone! I know what you're thinking - Amyleigh, you literally blogged about mascara a couple of weeks ago - but if you went through the pleasure of reading that review you would have learned that I was pretty disappointed with the product to say the least. Fast forward to a different launch from a different brand though and oh jeez, this one is a winner.

That's it. You can all stop reading. I love this and that's all there is to say. Okay I should probably give you some more information than that like you know, tell you all what I'm actually talking about! So L'Oréal recently launched a new mascara called Miss Baby Roll. This is their latest drop in their sort of "Miss Manga" style colourful packaging and I was intrigued for a number of reasons. Firstly, and possibly the best thing about the new launch, is the fact that the mascara comes in a range of colours. You've got your classic black and waterproof versions, but it also comes in a teal, indigo, and lilac. I instantly got a little bit giddy at the counter and considered just grabbing them all but I ended up sticking with the simple black for the time being to check out the formula first. My second reason for picking it up is because L'Oréal's mascaras are usually a hit with me. I find the shape of their packaging really nice to handle when applying mascara and the likes of the Miss Hippie Mega Volume mascara from the same sort of range was huge hit with me in the past. And lastly of course was because it promised me perfect volumised lashes in a tube for just £7.99.



According to L'Oréal: "It's time to say bye-bye to boring lashes and hello to new Miss Baby Roll Mascara, for mega volume, curl and all-day hold. Our mega curl roller brush curls lashes from the root, for an instant lash lift! The Quick Mega Volume formula volumises lashes and holds them in a curl all day" so... high promises right?

The packaging is standard "Miss Manga" style and I like that they've used pastel colours on the lid that kind of link into the "Baby" name. Depending on which shade of mascara you pick up will determine the shade of the tube (e.g. the black mascara is in a black tube etc.) but the wand is the really interesting part. Unlike my fave Miss Hippie version this Miss Baby Roll wand looked *so* much better on first inspection. It has a spiral style to the bristles and the bristles themselves are quite short, sturdy, and rubbery/synthetic. They really grab the lashes well and if I'm completely honest, I thought they were almost scratchy when I first applied this. The wand grabs the lashes so well you can really feel it grabbing the lashes and pushing them upwards so the feeling of that took a little getting used to for me. The mascara is incredibly easy and fuss-free to apply though which is something I really look for in my mascara. The formula itself was also an instant hit. It's quite a thin formula, but it coats the lashes with ease. I tend to be a one-coat kind of gal and the results I get with the Miss Baby Roll in one coat are so so good. As it is such a thin formula though, you can build it up really easily and in a short amount of time too as the thin formula dries almost instantly.

Not only does it lift and curl the lashes, but it also gives a great amount of length to the tips and separates each lash really well. You can run the risk of getting a little clumpy at the tips of the lashes if you wear multiple coats, but this is easily avoidable and it doesn't clump at the base which is a rarity in mascaras I've tried. The formula is also incredibly opaque considering it is such a thin formula and I feel the style of the wand prevents you from ever having too much product on there which also minimises mistakes or mishaps (and also helps the product stretch that little bit further!). All in all I really like it. It holds a curl all day and considering I tend to have my mascara on for around 14-16 hours everyday for work, I can honestly say it lasts all day. I personally don't like waterproof mascara, but I found the standard non-waterproof version to not transfer at all even in rain/getting a sweaty face and that is pretty damn good as my hooded eyes almost always end up with some mascara transfer as the day wears on. If you have this stuff on for as long as I do day to day, it does flake a tiny tiny amount but I can live with that. The flaking and the quick drying formula does make me wonder how malleable the product will be once it starts to dry out in the tube more, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

All in all I really really love this mascara and can't sing it's praises enough. The one downside to it I've found is that it is quite stubborn to remove. I usually take the bulk of my makeup off with micellar water but this stuff still clings onto my lashes as if I never touched it with any makeup removing products whatsoever. I tend to cleanse with coconut oil on an evening and even that has a hard job breaking it down. I kind of like that about the product as it means it really doesn't budge, but at the same time, it's annoying and irritating for the eyes when you're tired and just need to get that shit off so you can go to sleep. It does break down eventually though, it just takes longer than other mascaras I have tried. So if you are going to try this stuff out, I would suggest picking up an eye makeup remover or oil-based cleanser to help get it all off the lashes at the end of the day. For £7.99, I think Miss Baby Roll is a brilliant mascara and I really want to try out the various colours and see if they're also as lovely on the lashes as the standard black.



Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.